Monday, October 4, 2010

Quilted car caddy


Quilted car caddy
Ok, I'm bad, I don't know how to wait, or I know how to wait, but didn't really want to since I will have something else to show you soon. It's a "car caddy" -for those of you that read the title it's not really a surprise is it? I found a tutorial here. Of course the pockets should contain cars but I didn't have them near me when I took the pictures.

As I told you in my previous post, I did some modifications on the pattern. I used some left over fabric from another project and quilted it instead of using a 2 big pieces of fabric.  I didn't want to use Velcro to hold it together, since if you need to wash it it usually clings to your cloths and ruins them and that's definitely not a good idea, so I added a ribbon instead. I also wanted to personalizes it with an appliqué of a old French car, which some of you will recognize (et oui c'est une 2CV) rather than use the one that was available in the tutorial. I added an elastic to make sure the cars would not escape (you never know when one of them might take a run for it). I was not sure I wanted to add something in the middle of the road, but I happened to have that yellow ribbon handy, and I thought it would look nice. And of course, the dimensions are not exactly the same as the tutorial, but it wouldn't be fun if I followed instructions all the way, would it?
en français

No comments:

Post a Comment