Monday, November 8, 2010

I really have to get my inches straight

I spent my weekend sewing, yet again, since I have two deadlines. The first one is next Saturday, you know my quilting class, and the second one is Christmas, well a bit before since I will be leaving in 4 weeks for a long holiday. So of course, the logical thing to do would be working on the first deadline, but I am not very logical, so I did work on a Christmas present this weekend and finished it, but you won't get to see the results since it's a surprise and I think that mom's someone looks at my blog, at least she better be.

I did work on my new quilt Friday, and Sunday, but I realized that I had miscalculated the quantity of fabric I needed for the quilt, so instead of taking 7 meters of background fabric, I only took 2m50... and of course when I went back to the store, they didn't have the fabric anymore, luckily for me I had not started putting on the background fabric yet. So now I have to find another way for my background fabric, but I think I have an idea.

Blocks for quilt #2
In the background fabric that
 I am missing a couple of meter of :-(
Here is a picture of my blocks (two are still missing), I will show you the final arrangement when I have decided on the background fabric, and I am sure you will like the result. The numbers are raw edge appliqué with a blanket stitch.  I already have a fabric for the back of the quilt which I bought at Ikea. Of course since I have no notion of inches this quilt, as opposed to the first quilt that was initially intended for the class is going to be huge, 80 x 108 inches ( 203 x 274 cm). I really have to get my inches straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment