Friday, December 31, 2010

Finally Santa's workshop can reveal it's secrets

Overview of quiet book
I know this is the moment you all have been waiting for since Christmas, and it has finally arrived: I can show you what I have been doing for Christmas.

I wanted to show  you right after Christmas, but due to special circumstances ( Paris does not know how to handle a little snow), the gifts only made it to my  nephews a couple of days ago. So you will get three posts, ant this one is the project I am the most eager to show you. It's a quiet book. It took me a while to do, not that there are a lot of technical difficulties, but apart from the mitten, I made most of the models myself (some where more than greatly inspired by what I saw on the web, but I made the patterns myself). When I started this project, I wanted several things including a zipper, snaps and buttons, and the picture shows you what I decided to do. I also wanted every thing to be attached one way or another to avoid loosing any parts (apart from the wheels, that are easy to do). I won't talk to much about it since I know you are all busy with the New year.


The mitten, is my least favorite page, but my nephew seemed to be having fun with it,
so I guess that was a success, I will give you the link to the pattern very soon (I will just edit this page)

These two pages are my favorite, I wanted something very personal for the car,and the 2CV
Charleston is my bother's in law car, and I thought it would be a nice touch.
The wheel eating monster, was inspired by a pattern that I saw on ESTY.

Peek a boo page. My son had fun playing with it. He of course was my beta tester for the entire book

I saw this idea on more than one quiet book, most where made with velcro,
but I wanted to try the snaps.

Aquarium inspired by one of my friend's quiet book,
Ok, not really one of my friend's quiet book, but more like her son's.


Happy New year 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment