Monday, January 17, 2011

e-learning, or how to crochet.

My first Waldorf doll

For Christmas, I order a Waldorf
Waldorf doll hair in the making
 kit (also known by the name of Steiner dolls) form http://www.marotte-cie.com (it's a French web site)  to Santa (aka my parents in law).

I really had fun with it and can't wait to make a second one. I didn't have any particular difficulties making the body and the head, even though the head seemed really hard to make when I looked at the explanations on internet, well, let me tell you something, it's not as complicated as it seems. Never the less, I did have a big challenge, I had to learn how to crochet in order to make the wig, and that took me a while, I know how to knit but not how to crochet. So I simply googled it, and was able to learn form some videos on line. First the chain stitch, (the first 8 stiches only) thanks to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtmOEzm_OXQ. Then, I had a hard time understanding what I needed to do in the pattern until I saw this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6LVLMwDdpo&feature=channel, I didn't make a square thing, but  it made me understand the pattern.  It took me a while to make the crochet part of the wig, and I had to star over again more times than I will admit, but I am proud to say that I made my doll all by myself, and by hand (I made it at my parents in law and there are no sewing machine there so I didn't have a choice).

I know I should write a post about the other Christmas things I made, but I forgot to take pictures, and my sister still has not sent me the pictures so you will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment