Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back on the blog or Baby activity mat

I know I have been neglecting this blog for a while, but it's still running. The thing is I have been slowing down since my son doesn't nap anymore, so I make less time.
So I am here to talk to you about my new, finished project : a baby activity mat

activity mat without the arches

Activity mat with the arches, but I didn't take the time to add the toys when I took a picture

As you can see it's an activity mat. I needed to make one and I found some interesting ideas on the web.  I found a tutorial for the arches right here http://thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com/2010/06/baby-activity-mat.html. I actually attached the arch with pacifiers clips, like this when this mat needs to be clean, I can always put them on another quilt. This web site inspired me on the shape http://sewingformybabyboy.blogspot.com/2010/10/baby-activity-gymtummy-mat-tutorial.html.

I just cut out the circle the same diameter as the hula hoop then assembled both fabric with one layer of bating and turn it back inside out. I did add the legs and ribbons all around it so I could, if I wanted to add toys around. The sheep's head is removable, and could be attached on the arch, or if I want my mat to be another animal, I just need to make another head. The project was quick to do and the result is fun, the longest part was finding the idea. But now I would try to make a lady bug or a lion's head instead.. all sorts of ideas are popping out of  my head, but will probably remain there.

I hope I will be posting a little more, but I am making no promises.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this back to me! I love love LOVE the sheep!
    AmberLou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing) Sheep is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you post a close-up of how the arches attach to the mat? I really want to make one but I just can't figure out how to make the arches detachable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the late reply, I don't think I have any close-up of the arches and the mat is now put away.

    ReplyDelete